I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS.
I said that out loud in a very emphatic voice when someone tagged me in this glorious new trailer yesterday.
Also, can we talk about how the marketing people at Netflix are really knocking it out of the park? Between the first trailer, the pop-up Luke's at coffee shops nationwide, and this gem of a teaser, we are all more or less salivating at this point.
This trailer certainly offered more than the previous one did - we got to see all the characters, learn a little about everyone's lives, flash through various sets in Stars Hollow that we all know and love. It was a doozie. Let's get to gettin'.
I will narrate my thoughts as they occurred:
1. I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS.
2. Oh they're talking about food. This pleases me. They ate so much they don't remember what they watched. #beenthere
3. ...did this actually happen? *Googles* It did. HOW did I not know that Tori Spelling made herself a human wonton??
4. Rory has officially graduated from talking in that kind of semi-baby voice that she used when she was a fetus. And she learned to stand up straight.
5. WHY aren't those coffee cups from Luke's?!
6. Lorelai's pink coat. *hearts appear in eyes* It's not exactly the same coat as before (that one had gold buttons), but I have to believe they want it to be a deliberate call-back to the pink coat she wore in the photo above (and many other times throughout the show) because fans LOVED that coat. So this new version is a bit more polished and grown up, but it's still Lorelai's pink coat.
7. Why does her kitchen look so different??
8. Oh, it's been renovated! Even since the big renovation in later seasons, she's done more to it. Interesting. The cabinets are now painted mint instead of white, the refrigerator has been updated, etc. (Sorry for the grainy "before" photo.)
9. One thing that hasn't changed at all: LUKE. And I'm here for that.
10. I'm already gonna have a hard time with Edward Herrmann/Richard Gilmore's death. I don't like it and you can't make me.
11. This. Of course Emily did this.
12. Okay NOW we're getting some details. So Rory is job-less? Hmm.
13. So we know that she went on the campaign trail with then-Senator Obama (hey, that worked out pretty nicely for her) - are we to believe she hasn't nailed down a job since then??
14. Or is this some kind of interim period between a couple of jobs?
15. OR is she secretly moonlighting as a cosplayer and doesn't want her family to know about her secret dreams?? (Probably not that one.)
16. Why the hell is KIRK at Friday Night Dinner??
17. Kelly Bishop (Emily) looks EXACTLY THE SAME. Either she doesn't age, or she's had some pretty incredible work done. Have your people call my people, girl.
18. GILMORE GUYS SIGHTING.
19. Are Lorelai and Luke in couple's counseling??
20. Oh. It's just her.
21. ...is she in therapy about her relationship??
22. Have we waited all this time just to figure out they're going to break up?!?!
23. I really don't know what I'm going to do about this.
24. Is it irrational to have actual anxiety over a TV show that hasn't even aired?
25. YOU SHUT UP, I KNOW IT'S IRRATIONAL.
26. EMILY GILMORE IN A T-SHIRT AND JEANS, EMILY GILMORE IN A T-SHIRT AND JEANS.
27. Even better: Emily Gilmore in a t-shirt and jeans Marie Kondo-ing her house. I'm dying. This is so brilliant.
28. Leave it to Amy Sherman-Palladino to find current pop culture references to integrate into the show.
29. I honestly feel scandalized looking at Emily's upper arms. I feel like I should look away - like it's indecent somehow.
30. That being said, once again, go Kelly Freakin' Bishop. Lookin' like a million $$! She's 72, y'all!!
31. Oh my gosh. My heart.
32. Just take me now, Jesus. I can't handle Richard's funeral.
33. But Richard, you PROMISED.
34. I don't know why I just did that to us because of course I'm crying. Okay but back to this photo:
35. Some genius at Buzzfeed caught this and I'll just link it here instead of trying to re-explain it. All of this to say, the level of detail being included in this re-boot is what makes Gilmore Girls the show that it is.
36. RORY AND JESS.
37. Where are they?
38. Does one of them work in a newspaper or publishing house?
39. Is he interviewing her for a job?
40. Is she interviewing him?
41. Why do they have so much chemistry? Why does Jess have Dean's old haircut? Why are they drinking scotch at work?
42. Are they just commiserating about life?
42. WHERE'S LOGAN??
44. PARIS!!!! (Who is...a teacher/HEADMASTER at Chilton????? AMAZING.)
45. ...Dean. More like BEAN. Prob'ly still works at Doose's, where all the CHEATERS work.
48. A tiny teacup pig!!!
49. Babette and (skinny!!) Miss Patty!
50. ALL OF THIS (including Melissa McCarthy who better be in this show for longer than a scene, or so help me...):
51. Okay this is going to be freaking incredible. I CANNOT WAIT. I have so many feelings.