All the mmph with none of the ouch.
...well, some of the ouch. There's some cheese in here. But you can adjust that to your preference!
This pizza is a staple in my diet when I'm trying to eat relatively clean. I am a huge fan of 'za, to the point that I regularly wear this tank top to Pure Barre:
...everything in moderation? Except pizza, which I usually eat by the pound.
But I'm tryin' to look cute in my bikini on the 4th of July, okay?
The grain-free crust means that I can enjoy the flavors without blowing my efforts to make healthy choices. If you're like me and are skeptical about the idea of cauliflower serving as a crust, let me assure you that cauliflower assumes the taste of whatever is around it. And what's around it in this case? Cheese.
1 cup riced cauliflower
1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella
1 t minced garlic
4 T pizza sauce
1 t olive oil
2 t Italian seasoning
1 t salt
...and whatever toppings you'd like!
1. Preheat the oven to 450. Rice your cauliflower if it didn't already come that way. If it's a whole head, like I bought, then chop it into florets and pulse the rest in the blender until it looks a little like cooked rice.
2. Take one cup (a head of cauliflower usually yields two cups) and store the other cup in the freezer for next time! Dump the cauliflower into a medium bowl, then the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, egg, and 1 cup of the cheese. The rest you'll save to sprinkle on top! Stir thoroughly.
3. On a pizza stone or round cookie sheet, spray a little non-stick and pat your mixture into a crust-shape. The thinner your "dough," the crispier your crust will be. After you've patted it flat, sprinkle the olive oil over the top and gently spread it over the top with your fingers. This will prevent the top from burning!
4. Pop your dough into the oven for 15 minutes!
5. Once the crust is cooked, carefully spoon your pizza sauce onto the center and spread over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top, then whatever other toppings you'd like!
When I sprinkled my cheese, it melted immediately. YUM.
6. Put the pizza back into the oven and broil it for 2 minutes, keeping an eye out to make sure it doesn't burn. This will soften your veggies, melt your cheese, and crisp up your crust.
7. Bada bing, bada boom, DELICIOUS. Add a green garnish like I did, or just go for it! Best enjoyed with a local beer while watching Jurassic Park, which recently got added to Netflix.